Mango inspired qipao style blouse

Qipao style blouse in cotton
This post will be short.

The idea behind the project was to re-create a beloved blouse from Mango, which we bought in 2002.
I copied the style-lines onto the Rundschau draft to adjust the blouse to the correct size.

The cotton fabric was bought in Fabricville. It sewed like a dream. I would have preferred to have made up the blouse in thin Irish linen, but it is notoriously impossible to purchase in my neighbourhood.

I played with the piping for the first time. I used thin polyester cord inside, and it seemed to work fine. I used a special piping presser foot for the most part, and where sewing elements were too complicated, I resorted to the zipper presser foot for more control.

Covered buttons are my first experience as well. I cannot say I enjoyed it very much, because it takes some persuasion for the fabric to stay inside the top part, and then some more to lock the bottom part of the button in. In some cases I used carpenters glue to keep the whole thing together. The quality of these particular buttons is poor as well and they tend to break.

I used thin elastic cord to create button loops.

And there is an invisible zipper in the side of the body.

These red jeans are my making as well ;-)
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home